Wednesday, January 9, 2013

I'm SOOOOO Excited! First blog post!
Not quite sure what to do yet but here goes nothin......

My name is Kaileen Shanahan, and I'm the owner at designer of Shanahan Fibers, a small fiber processing business which also deals in and produces locally made garments and home decor. I have to say, I LOVE MY JOB!!! It can be alot of fun to work at home and get to put your heart into everything you make. Its about a connection with the Earth and people that cannot be matched by having a commercial job. So what do I do?

I wash, pick, sort, card, spin and dye natural fibers, lambs wool, alpaca fleeces, cotton, etc. Once spun into beautiful yarns, I knit them by hand into wonderous items, sweaters, socks, pillows........

Where do I work?
Northern Illinois. I'm based out of my home, but also display in the Wilmot Artisan Market in Wilmot Wisconsin, just over the Wisconsin border. It is a co-op art gallery, meaning all the artists who display there also work the desk and register. I also have a shop on etsy under the shop name, ShanahanFibers.
MY work is also displayed in fiber shops around the US. Anne's Fiber Expressions in Wisconsin, Mohair in Motion in White Cloud Michigan, and The Fold in Marengo Illinois are a few of my clients. I also do some work for Rich and Casual Clothing of Chicago Illinois.

When do I work?
I have posted hours at my home in which customers can come by and see my work. They are from 9am to 9pm, and encourage people to call or email me before coming by, because sometimes I have to run out for supplies.

So, thats a little about me and what I do, be sure to check me out on Facebook-ShanahanFibers, and Etsy.com- shop name: ShanahanFibers. I will be uploading some pictures when I get home, and can't wait for you guys to see them!

Kaileen Shanahan
Owner/Designer 
SHANAHAN FIBERS
shanahanfibers@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment